Friday, January 7, 2011

Portrait and self-portrait tips and ideassssssss

My best tips:
  1. Think about your motivation and emotions: Blankly staring at the camera rarely gets good results. Be silly, don’t be afraid to over-act. The worst that can happen is that you fill up your memory card with useless photos; but you might also find yourself with a proper gold-nugget of a self portrait.
  2. Use a tripod. Seriously. While it’s possible to get good photos while you’re hanging on to your camera at arms-length, it’s a lot easier if you’ve got the freedom to move around a bit.
  3. Have fun with it. Be sexy. Be yourself. Be awesome. Be different. Be creative. Whatever you do, have fun with it. That’s part of the point, after all.
Environmental Portraits:
What i like about this picture is the background and the place of the picture was taken. It looks very fresh and relaxing. I could imagine what the feeling would be laying down on the beautiful grass. I like how this picture make me feel. Its just very green and it makes me happy :] 




What i like about this picture is everything about it. It's simplicity and a sense of nature. I also love how the picture was taken during sunset. It looks beautiful and flawless. It looks like the giraffe is waiting for the sun to come down and enjoying the moment. 

Photography self portrait:



I like this picture because it looks like it was taken naturally. Like the women didn't have to set it up or anything. She probably just passed by and snapped it. It's a cool picture and it looks like someone took it from above but its actually just the reflection of the person taking it.






I like this picture because it looks very mysterious. It brings me the curiosity of how the picture was taken. It also looks scary at the same time. The loneliness of the street gives me chills and the girl looks like shes flying or something. Its a very cool picture 


Casual portrait:




This picture gives me a feeling of family love. I really like this picture because it would make you smile by just looking at it. The picture looks so simple but yet shows a sense of love and being together is happiness. 




I really like this picture because of the couple, the scene and the perfection of the picture. There's some kind of emotional feelings that this picture brings to me and I think it's love because the couple is walking together happily hand in hand. There's no worry look on their face because they are enjoying the moment that they're together. The background of the picture is beautiful. It is filled with sunshine and relaxation. 

My plan for the portrait assignment: 
My plan for the portrait assignment is I am going to take a portrait of my friend Ashley. The place that I want to take the picture would be somewhere near grass or on the grass and the sky as part of my background as well. Before taking the picture, I will make sure that I know which rules of photo composition to focus in order for my picture to come out the way I want it to be and also good quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment